GPS: 139 Kearsarge Mountain Road Warner New Hampshire
Saturday, August 29, 2020
9:00 AM Start
The Mount Kearsarge Hill Climb consists of an 8 mile climb to the Mt. Kearsarge summit parking lot, including a 3.5 mile final segment with an 8.7% average grade and 1,738' rise. The first (4.5 mile) segment includes some uphill, level, and downhill sections.
The Mt. Kearsarge Hill Climb is the only hill climb in the United States that provides:
- free coffee for riders provided by Schoodac's Coffee House of Warner;
- a scenic and challenging 8-mile course, including a one-mile 12%-plus gradient;
- mid-climb $100 Men's and Women's primes;
- Destination Cycling Mallorca vouchers and other valuable prizes to category winners;
- a hearty post-race chili lunch; and
- a free raffle ticket for an S&W Sports 2020 Trek Checkpoint ALR4 gravel bike.
Categories & Prizes
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 men and women finishers, and to the age category, Tandem, Unicycle, Filly and Clydesdale winners.
Age Categories: Men & Women: 15-17, 18-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+ (age: as of August 29, 2020)
The Dennise Maslakowski Primes
Primes of $100 will be awarded to the first rider (Men, Women) to the access road rotary (4.5 mile point) - each Prime winner must finish the race to the summit within 60 minutes.
Mallorca with Destination Cycling!
Among other prizes, the overall Men’s and Women’s winners will receive a (transferable) $250 discount voucher for a 2021 one-week Destination Cycling trip to sunny Mallorca.
Schedule & Details
- "Day of" registration and number pick up opens at 7:00 AM on August 29.
- Summit bags may be left at the registration table by 8:30 AM.
- The course will close to traffic to the summit parking area promptly at 8:45 AM.
- Race starts promptly at 9:00 AM.
- No riders or vehicles will be allowed down the course from the summit parking area until the last rider has finished (approx. 10:00 AM).
- Helmets are mandatory. Participants will descend from the summit parking area finish at the conclusion of the climb, via a controlled descent.
Limited to the first 250 registrants. Online registration closes on August 26, 2020.
Registration Fee (includes lunch and raffle ticket):
Individual: $65 until 8/26 (under age 18, $25); $85 on race day.
Tandem: $65 until 8/26; $85 on race day.
Register online at www.BIKEREG.com
by Wednesday, August 26, 2020
RACE DAY DISCLAIMER/CANCELLATION POLICY: We will delay the start time and/or postpone or cancel the race if the following conditions are reported on the road or summit on the morning of the event: high winds or hard driving rain or anything that has the potential for an unsafe event. We will stop the race if conditions are deemed unsafe for the riders in the race. We will not cancel the race for “uncomfortable” conditions.
Host site (Rollins State Park): Department of Natural and Cultural Resources Division Of Parks and Recreation